Quote Originally Posted by deej View Post
ELSA regs allow one to take a 16 hour course and become eligible for a Repairman Inspection Rating, and that allows you to perform the annual condition inspection on any Experimental Light Sport Airplane you own. [snip]

It would be exceptionally wonderful to be able to do something similar for EAB (Experimental Amateur Built) aircraft, to include EAB aircraft that you did not build yourself. How would we start pursuing something like this? Is EAA willing to initiate this?
I agree with you; I'd love to get a repairman certificate for my Fly Baby. Then I won't have to argue with Tony any more. :-)

It's probably a bit down the queue as far as EAA's priorities. Right now, I think their emphasis is on Third Class medical reform and on the Congressional directives for the FAA to relax some of the controls on maintenance and modification of production-type aircraft. Obviously, more bang-for-the-buck issues than the relatively small number of homebuilt owners that might be affected by allowing their use of the ELSA rules.

Want to see it, though.

Ron Wanttaja