I don't agree Jeff. This year was indeed a distaster not because they needed two different approaches. The problems occurred when they lost a runway for some reason (mass arrival, accident, soggy adjacent taxiways) and that backed up all the traffic to the existing runway onto Ripon. Adding a seperate 9-27 from the 18-36 won't help and would furhter confused. I'm not sure what your proposal to change the Warbird approach would do either. There's not been any problem with that approach. The number of aircraft that can't maintain 90 are pretty few and far between. Usually it's people who should have no problem maintaining 90 but fail to do so. Occasionally you'll get a breezy or whatever that can't, but that's rare and a slow approach procedure might help.

The major problem this year and has happened in the past, is the "RIPON-FISK IS FULL" procedure is a joke. The Rush lake and other "hold where you are" and then turn the pipe back on procedure is where the problem is. The problems have all been not that RIPON-FISK becomes saturated but that the runways themselves have become saturated backing up into FISK.

I usually come and go out of the various approaches a dozen times during the show (my initial arrival is always before the NOTAM goes into effect). I've arrived IFR, RIPON, WARBIRD, through arrangement with the tower for a straight-in to 18. Haven't done the Prison arrival yet, but maybe next year.