Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fantastic friday

fantastic friday

I came across tower recording from this a few years ago after never hearing of it before. Well,i was immediately interested because I was born on that very day and happened to come across it while I was training for my private rating. I would love to listen to it again but none of the links I find seem to work for me. Any help would be appreciated!

Matt,

I have a MP3 file of that someplace on my computer. It runs almost 50 minutes. Let me hunt around for it and get back to you.

Russ

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Okay, that didn't take long to find. Now I gotta figure out how to upload the .mp3 file here, so you and others that are interested in it can download it. I've had it for years and have no recollection of where I got it. I don't think there are copyright issues, but there could be. I better make sure. You always gotta be careful of that nowadays I guess. I've lived too long. Ugh. Hopefully somebody can chime in with both how to upload (and subsequently download) it from here, and whether or not there might be copyright issues.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 03-09-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Matt,

I have a MP3 file of that someplace on my computer. It runs almost 50 minutes. Let me hunt around for it and get back to you.

Russ
    Thanks in advance,really looking forward to being able to hear the whole thing. Also,I have to say I got a kick out or your username. Grew up on star wars and my kids got me hooked on SpongeBob !

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Okay, that didn't take long to find. Now I gotta figure out how to upload the .mp3 file here, so you and others that are interested in it can download it. I've had it for years and have no recollection of where I got it. I don't think there are copyright issues, but there could be. I better make sure. You always gotta be careful of that nowadays I guess. I've lived too long. Ugh. Hopefully somebody can chime in with both how to upload (and subsequently download) it from here, and whether or not there might be copyright issues.
    Russ - I was trying to dig up a copy here. Obviously we've got it, but I'm not sure precisely where...If you've got it handy, you'll save me some time! You should be able to upload it here as an attachment. Just click "go advanced" when starting a post to open the advanced editor, and you'll see an "Attachments" button. Should be straightforward from there, and I've just added .mp3 as a recognized file type with a generous size limit.

Thanks!

Oh, and as the copyright holder, you have our blessing to share the file here.

- Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Happy Fantastic Friday audio

Thanks Hal. That's what I was hoping to hear. Here's the audio file. Hope I did this right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Perfect!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Wow...

I remember sitting by the runway and listening to this live on my little aircraft band receiver. Good memories!

It's still as impressive now.

Jim

I was there too, mesmerized watching the masses arrive. Thank goodness we've grown out of reporting over the gravel pit although I never forget it when flying over it during AirVenture. I've used this as part of my home answering machine. Many people won't leave a message if they don't know I fly, thinking it's a tower or something. Funny!
    Happy Landings
    John