Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Webcams!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

little bit of troubleshooting help.

Make sure you have the current version of the Windows Media plug-in for your browser. I have personally tested it on Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Firefox will require a plug-in they have an help page http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...n with Firefox

I installed this plug-in for Firefox on my PC and had no problems viewing the streams.
    http://www.interoperabilitybridges.c...lugin-download

If all else fails, use Internet Explorer.

Also take note of any little pop-ups that would indicate a plugin is being blocked or waiting for a response to load.
    Last edited by Paul Hayden; 07-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Are they up and running? All I get is the controls and a white screen. I have the same computer as last year. Worked then.

AirVenture Webcams

One word: the site is impossible for most users. I'm astounded I got a "reply to thread" as usually I just get the green circle. Now to figure out the right plug in..... My computer does Everything else in the world it seems, but won't do these web cams. I'll just look at the beautiful San Antonio web cams instead. Maybe they don't actually want us to see them?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Hi all, i have a brand new computer with all the latest updates (windows 7, ie, media player etc) ive installed every video plugin i can think of and i still cant get these webcams to come up! BTW im departing Melbourne Australia tomorrow morning for AV11, just wanted to see some of what was already going on???

Hrm, sorry to hear you guys are having problems. I'm on a laptop using xp and Internet Explorer. Nothing fancy, and they're working OK for me.

when people are having issues its difficult to help without the following information...

Operating System:
    Web Browser and Version:
    Windows Media Plugins:

Mac, iPad, iPhone?

Ian,

I'm going to repost here what I just posted over on the "Field Cams" thread, instead of re-typing the whole thing again. This applies to a Mac. I've had no success viewing the cams on either an iPhone or an iPad. iOs is a different breed altogether than is OS, as you well know. And whereas OS requires QuickTime Player and Flip4Mac to view the cams, iOS has no such animals. Anyway, hope the following helps a little.

"I'm on an iMac (OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and I'm watching the cams using either Firefox version 5.0.1 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0, or Safari version 5.05 and Flip4Mac version 2.3.8.1 plus QuickTime Player version 10.0. Either of these combinations will work.

However, I will caution anybody on a Mac regarding the new Safari version 5.1, that apparently there is some problem (translated CONFLICT) with the newest Safari version (5.1) and Flip4Mac. I jumped the gun and downloaded and installed the new Safari yesterday, and suddenly the Safari/Flip4Mac/QuickTime Player no longer worked. Fortunately for me, I regularly clone my hard drive on a USB drive and still had the old version of Safari there, so I was able to re-clone my main drive from that drive and once again have the older version of Safari on my main drive. I was not able to remove the new Safari and re-install an older version on my main drive, thus I had to do the re-clone thingie.

Now I'm back to where I was yesterday before updating to the new Safari with a choice of either Safari or Firefox."

Me Tpp!

And it's working on an old refurbished laptop with Vista Business (which the laptop really doesn't have enough horsepower for, but that's what HP upgraded it to when they refurbed it) and IE9, sitting in Camp Scholler on the WiFi. So for the first time in quite a while I've gotten everything to work at once.

Dave

Well, everything except my typing fingers hitting the right keys. (Fat Finger Syndrome.)