Quote Originally Posted by jasontuntland View Post
Good points, I've been considering options. Now that my wife has gotten involved and anticipate my son to be a teenager before completion, I've been looking at options to comfortably fit us all. I've been looking at the RV10, Pulsar KIS Cruiser, Express, Pro-Composites Freedom, and a few others.

RV10 is an awesome craft but I dont like the initial investment cost, and all the riviting of the sheet metal. To finance that, I might as well buy a cessna. And that's not what I'm trying to accomplish
There is no comparison between an RV-10 and a Cessna, other than the build time. You can build a RV-10 significantly less than the cost of a new Cessna. The RV-10 has more room and better performance that most of the Cessna models as well. There are plenty available that are already built, but thay will bring up other issues and concerns.

You may want to take a look at the RV-14 if all you really need is two seats. The construction will be much simpllier and quicker than the previous RV models. The first kit will be available in the fall.

bob