Thread: Anyone needing to us eAPIS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, I'm in the process of re-registering. My 'activation key' isn't valid for some reason. I may be near KIAG later in June & I'm overdue for a Canadian fishing trip.

eAPIS not that bad...

I'm going to need eAPIS for a flight to Quebec in July and I registered on fltpln.com because I knew they offered this service and I had heard many horror stories about the eAPIS website. Fltpln.com BTW seems to be a great website and is very intuitive to use and I will do so.

In regard to eAPIS and fltpln.com, you have to fill out information regarding your airplane and passport info etc and they have a $250 minimum fee for using the service 10 times within a 2 year period ...so each trip across a border would qualify as two times, once to get there and once to get back...so basically the cost is $50 per trip. This would obviously be a lot of of money ($250) if you don't cross borders that often. It would actually work out for me as I have a vacation home in Nova Scotia (where I was born) and would probably make the 5 trips needed to make the fee reasonable.

On the advice of a Pilot friend who had recently used the eAPIS system I went to the eAPIS website and registered there and went though all the forms as if I was really planning a trip in the next 30 days...it really isn't that difficult to navigate...and once you have yourself set up in the system it is easy to cut and paste for a future trip. So you can save yourself the fltplan fee by doing it yourself...don't believe all the horror stories...plus I think many of those stories are prior to making the system more user friendly. I would not however recommend waiting until the day of your trip to get yourself into this system...do it now as there are a few head scratchers but you'll be able to figure it out and think you'll be happy with the outcome.
    Don...
    BushCaddy N2C
    http://www.donsbushcaddy.com

Goggles

Saw this thread on Google and wanted to drop in and say 'hi'! My company developed iAPIS - the iPhone app mentioned by the CBP in their email and PDF file. If anyone has any questions or comments on iAPIS please feel free to contact me through this forum.

We are currently working on a small revision to the app to improve the clarity on pricing (the app charges $2.99 to submit a manifest but that is not clear on the main screen of iAPIS) and hopefully we will have this out soon. In the meantime, we'd love any comments on the current version.
    Last edited by Morgan; 06-20-2012 at 06:54 AM.