Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture 2012 Streaming Media - Beta Testing Help Needed

We are hoping that is just some dew that has to dry off yet. If it does not clear up by the weekend, we will see what we can due to get up there Todd

I was just messing with you. I have complete faith in all of you!

wonder if Hal would notice if we put a UAV with a squeegy in the budget...

Great to see!

Moisture must be on the inside of the glass or surely it would have dried out by now.

I'm seeing a regular jerkiness in the pan, regular slight hesitations about every 750 ms or so. Wonder if that's in the mechanism or if it''s interruptions in the video feed somewhere along the line, perhaps at my end.

Thanks.

Mike E

yeah, it has to be on the inside, which is a bit odd since all 3 cameras were stored and prepped in the same location and installed on the same day. I think its getting a little better compaired to first thing this morning.

there is always a slight wobble especially when its zoomed in a bit, that and the encoding are probably causing the video to not be perfectly smooth when panning.

Device: iMac
    Operating system/version number of Device tested: OSX 10.7.4
    Browser and version number: Safari 5.1.7
    Internet connection used: Cable
    Time tested: 3:47PM
    Time zone tested from: EST
    Issues encountered: None, looks great.

I just looked at the video and also noticed the 'cloudy' area from about the due east positon to around to the VOR station. I think it is from where the camera was contacting the ground during the last week or so.. I have to comment on how EMPTY it looks right now..just wait another 10 days or so!!! I notice that is the warbird camera..are there others to choose from as well? I am using an HP laptop with windows7 with IE9 on DSL. Viewed at 6:15 PM EDT and other than the above mentioned cloudiness...no problems!!
    Wayne

Yea. That is some condensation that got in there somehow. We are working on trying to figure out how to resolve the issue. There will be a total of 5 streams hopefully. Ultralight, vintage/show center, warbirds, and something for the air show.

Unfortunutly the moisture did get inside the camera housing. Last Monday they had a big storm come though the area early evening. There was heavy rain, hail, high winds. There was approximately a dozen exhibit tents damaged and or distroyed. A couple trees blown over and a lot of branches broken off around the grounds. Sure glad this was before all the planes started to arrive and hope for a beautiful week during the show. The warbird camera was facing directly into the wind and must have drove some rain through a seal.

I had looked at the cameras again this last Saturday and did not see the fog in there at that time, but it was getting latter in the evening. We are hoping that in a couple of days that it might clear up as we are not sure if we can get a lift to get us about 60 feet up to open it up. We are checking into the possibility of a lift and hope one is available.

Once the official webpage is posted by EAA there will be additional cameras as Paul posted in the previous post. The replacement power supply for the Ultralight Camera is due to arrive latter this week and will be installed on my next trip to OSH on the weekend.

Thank you to all that have been testing these sample streams and reporting back. It has helped us move forward in providing a feed that the majority have not had problems viewing.

As of right now I am shutting off the Theater in the Woods sample stream. Watch for the official site to be posted soon by EAA.

Also, follow the thread in the following link for status updates for all webcams. http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...fficial-Thread
    Last edited by Todd Ritzman; 07-09-2012 at 07:57 PM.