Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stephenson View Post
Hey Guys, I am a longtime EAA member and am building a scratch built biplane at home.
I remember long ago when the Sport Aviation magazine was all about homebuilt airplanes.
Now it seems that the magazine has changed directions. It does not seem to be centered around
homebuilt airplanes anymore. I see more certified aircraft and adds than anything.
I will probably renew my membership this month, but if this trend continues I may not next year.

I wish we could do something to get the organization back on track. I was thinking about emailing all the EAA Chapter Presidents and ask them to bring this topic up at their meetings to get an idea of what everyone else thinks. I am working twelve hour shifts and trying to make progress on my plane, so I don't have much free time to devote to the issue.

What do you guys think?

Steve Stephenson
Steve, I have to agree with you. I'm still trying to decide whether to renew as well. There is much I like (this forum for instance) but I do find the spam can articles and tech articles that assume unlimited budgets repelent. I see many post from others that like the new format though. Unfortunately, the "new generation" of homebuilders seem to buy airplanes mostly built (kits/semi-factory built) or fly factory planes. I don't think the EAA is what it used to be. I guess that's why new clubs start. Maybe a "new EAA" is in order?