Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

just like I did last year.
    So did you just ride around in the back of a city bus making bad jokes or what?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    He saves the good jokes for the city bus...we get the bad ones..........

I really hope it happens this year. I'm of the younger variety of airplane geeks, so my family and I will be there if it's open.......but I do understand that others will have to make a different decision based on their own health status.

The national authorities say that anyone that wants a vaccination should be able to get one by June. At that point, one can assume that anyone who DOESN'T get vaccinated is accepting the risk. That's close enough to EAA's decision point that they should be able to judge whether to schedule the show.

Be interesting to see what happens to Sun-N-Fun, though.

Ron Wanttaja

I'm expecting SNF to cancel. I've actually never been, but I'd be sad to see them cancel. OSH is an unknown. If I had an extra dollar, I'd probably put it on the cancel side, but I'd risk 99 cents on the go side.....

I was actually surprised that EAA made the statement this far out. Personally I don’t think the vaccine availability/acceptance is going to happen in time to reduce the COVID numbers to permit large crowd events. Will also be interesting to see just where Wisconsin’s governor comes down on this issue next Spring. He could play the role of the great spoiler
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Pretty soon we may be meeting in basements and barns like the French Underground.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I think I've correctly corrected my incorrect sentence to make a little more sense? But..............

If I have $5 in one pocket and $5 in the other pocket, what do I have?

Someone else's pants on.

or.....

How do you know if it’s a bull or a milk cow?
    It’s either one or the udder.

or......

What do you call a can opener that doesn’t work?

A can’t opener!

and finally.... for now.....

My technology impaired friend told me they are finally going to get into those new-fangled 'computer things' they've been hearing about for decades now and went out on their own and bought themselves an Apple.

I asked "What kind?"

They told me "Granny Smith.".... It's gonna be an uphill climb......

"Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Pretty soon we may be meeting in basements and barns like the French Underground.
    Bob
    Isn’t that where EAA meetings started?!? Well, at least the basement part.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    I was actually surprised that EAA made the statement this far out. Personally I don’t think the vaccine availability/acceptance is going to happen in time to reduce the COVID numbers to permit large crowd events.
    Availability is certainly up in the air right now; we're being told that everyone who wants the vaccine will be able to get it by June, but A) These are government people talking, and B) Their lips are moving.

Acceptance? Hmmm. I think we'll see some legislative action to prevent lawsuits if one catches COVID after refusing a vaccine. I think the push will be on to vaccinate everyone WORKING at AirVenture, but other than clear warnings, they probably won't require visitors to be vaccinated.

The problem EAA has is trying to estimate attendance. There are still going to be a lot of people reluctant to join in large groups, and we still don't know when the international travel bands will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Will also be interesting to see just where Wisconsin’s governor comes down on this issue next Spring. He could play the role of the great spoiler
    Once a vaccine is generally available, I think the push towards "normalcy" is going to overwhelming. The rates will start dropping, and the states will re-open. Hopefully, it'll be timed well enough so that the vaccine prevents another spike.

Ron Wanttaja

Have to agree with Ron. We could have distribution starting this month based on approvals at FDA. CDC just put out a plan of distribution - and without "administration involvement" it actually might happen. Based on that it looks like the general population [US] might have full access by June/July My concern is the international travelers access and the seemingly 30% of the US population that is currently apposed to getting it. That places us at fall before enough herd immunity protects those not vaccinated. I have family at J&J who are a bit further down the curve but are testing a vaccine that is single dose and not requiring super freezers that will be much easier for distribution. I am infinitely frustrated that this pandemic was so egregiously dismissed here in the US.