Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Nderitu has a Dream

Why is the EAA staff so quiet on this thread?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    Why is the EAA staff so quiet on this thread?
    I'm with you, Glenn. This is a total no-brainer for the EAA community. It's awful that some simple help from the homebuilders over here couldn't be directed to him. What a great story that would be.

Heck, what a great hero he'd be for all of us if, after he flies, we get him to Oshkosh to fete him.

God, what a missed opportunity!

I've got all the Bingelis books, since EAA isn't interested. Someone give me an address and I'll put 'em in the mail.

Bob, cluttonfred a few posts back offered up his address. I sent him an e-mail. If you are sending the Bingelis books, I try for several of the others from abebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Collins View Post
    I'm with you, Glenn. This is a total no-brainer for the EAA community. It's awful that some simple help from the homebuilders over here couldn't be directed to him. What a great story that would be.

Heck, what a great hero he'd be for all of us if, after he flies, we get him to Oshkosh to fete him.

God, what a missed opportunity!

I've got all the Bingelis books, since EAA isn't interested. Someone give me an address and I'll put 'em in the mail.
    Minnesota

I have sent my mailing to address to Kim and Bob Collins and I am happy to share it with anyone else who would like to donate. To avoid duplication, I suggest posting to this thread the titles of the books you are sending.

And yes, I agree completely that the EAA Staff should be jumping on something like this to show some goodwill for a homebuilder on the other side of the world with big dreams but modest means. A box of back issues of Sport Aviation would be a nice start. EAA is supposed to be about people first, "Airventure" second.

Cheers,

Matthew
    Last edited by cluttonfred; 10-14-2015 at 04:10 AM.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by cluttonfred View Post
    I have sent my mailing to address to Kim and Bob Collins and I am happy to share it with anyone else who would like to donate. To avoid duplication, I suggest posting to this thread the titles of the books you are sending.

And yes, I agree completely that the EAA Staff should be jumping on something like this to show some goodwill for a homebuilder on the other side of the world with big dreams but modest means. A box of back issues of Sport Aviation would be a nice start. EAA is supposed to be about people first, "Airventure" second.

Cheers,

Matthew
    I didn't receive your address (I've changed my email recently) so if you can send it again, that'd be great. Send it to bcollinsrv7a@centurylink.net.

I have all the Bingelis books, but I think the only one that would really help him is "The Sportplane Builder", which I'd be happy to send to you.

Bob, I didn't sent it by e-mail but rather by personal message in this group.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

Ok,

Books 1929, 1930, 1931, 1932, and 1933 Flying and Glider Manual (five books total) and Kitplane Construction have been ordered thru abebooks.com and should be shipped directly to address Matthew Long sent me in PM.

Someone suggested sending a copy of 'NAVWEPS', perhaps I am paranoid, but sending any books that has 'weapons' in the title to a developing country may not be a good idea. If I am looking at the correct book(s).
    Minnesota

Thanks, Kim, I'll be on the lookout and yes, let's stick to books that are clearly for recreational aviation. Does anyone have an unused set of plans to donate, maybe something simple like a Volksplane?
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

Kim, the Flying and Glider Manual volumes (1929-1933) arrived in two separate packages today, thanks very much. No sign of Kitplane Construction yet.

Let's set a deadline of say, November 30 (mail to Kenya is not fast) for any additional donations that anyone would like to make. Books, plans, etc. If anyone has an unused set of plans to donate, preferably something simple like a Volkplane or Pietenpol or a scratch-built ultralight like a Sky Pup, that would make a great addition.

EAA staff, this would be a great time for someone to jump in from HQ.

Cheers,

Matthew
    Last edited by cluttonfred; 10-27-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar
    All,

Full disclosure, I don’t read the Hangar Talk forum. I’m more of a HB Corner person so this was news to me.

Now that I’m caught up, I echo Mike M’s review of the situation “Puzzling why Mr Nderitu hasn't availed himself of the abundant information potentially available from just that local source. After all, the Clutton FRED website, this forum, and many other EAA assets are accessible without EAA membership.”

That being said, EAA would be happy to provide any of the following books to help put him on a path to success.
    • Tony Bingelis set
    • Practical Lightplane Design and Construction for the Amateur
    • EAA Gas Welding
    • EAA Sheet Metal Building Basics

If CluttonFred (Matthew) can just let me know which ones to send, I’ll get them into the mail for him to deliver. Also, when you deliver the books you can see about whether he would like an EAA membership. This would give him access to all the back issues of Sport Aviation. I'd need his address/email.

BTW, if you ever feel like I should be aware of a forum thread, send me an email cbecker@eaa.org.
    Tailwinds,
    Charlie
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub