Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bicycle parking /RC flying

bicycle parking /RC flying

Is there an area to park bicycles at the south entry near the ultralight barn? We park at the Theater in the Woods entrance now, and it takes a while to walk or ride tram down to ultralights.
    also
    My son and I had a lot of fun flying RC planes at Pioneer Airport in the evenings last year. Is this on again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    Is there an area to park bicycles at the south entry near the ultralight barn? We park at the Theater in the Woods entrance now, and it takes a while to walk or ride tram down to ultralights.
    also
    I dunno if it's a designated bike area but I have ridden to the ultralight area and parked with all the other bikes that were there.

I see bikes locked to the fence about anywhere. There should be a spot for a bike.

Are there spaces for parking anything other than bikes at any of the entrances? We are bringing our youngest this year and was considering bringing our golf cart so we dont need to wrestle a baby and stroller on and off the buses to and from Camp Scholler. We usually either cycle or take the buses so I haven't actively looked to see what other parking is available.

The "bike pit" can accomodate most non-motorized conveyances and some two wheeled motorized things (scooters). I do not recall seeing any place to park golf cars there.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    The "bike pit" can accomodate most non-motorized conveyances and some two wheeled motorized things (scooters). I do not recall seeing any place to park golf cars there.
    Thats what I thought, I just wasnt sure. Guess I need to find a way to strap a stroller to the back of a scooter

Last year it was June 11th when they announced the RC flying at Pioneer. They tend to do press releases on Thursdays so I am hoping we see it in the next couple weeks. I spoke with some of the AMA district REPS during and after the event and by all accounts it was a big success.

Gregg, there is parking for bikes down at the red barn just north of the ultralight field by the main road.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianPlas View Post
    Gregg, there is parking for bikes down at the red barn just north of the ultralight field by the main road.
    thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
    Last year it was June 11th when they announced the RC flying at Pioneer. They tend to do press releases on Thursdays so I am hoping we see it in the next couple weeks. I spoke with some of the AMA district REPS during and after the event and by all accounts it was a big success.
    Yes, it was a lot of fun, and an honor, to be able to fly off of Pioneer airport runway. I just hope that the kids running all over the runway while flying their rc planes will be remedied this year. Pilot stations are probably needed.