Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

I have never been able to flag down a cart or get carts to help with my limited mobility. Seems they are always to busy to stop even if they are empty, and as far as kids on carts stopping to help, Never seen that happen in my many years of attendance.

One cart stopped for me at remote north forty. I think he was EAA staff or something.

Just this one tram conductor's opinion., and yes indeedee-doo we chat with a whole lot of AirVenture attendees every day, all day, happy ones and not so happy ones, especially towards the end of a long, hot day. IF the Northwestern geniuses say that there is no sound reason to link public transportation entities (as in buses and trams) in the same general area, you know.... like a BUS PARK ? Then I for one am mighty darn glad Northwestern doesn't run any mass transit, or airlines - cuz they're nutz. IMHO
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    One cart stopped for me at remote north forty. I think he was EAA staff or something.
    20 ish years ago, I flagged down an older gentleman at SnF to ask for directions to the helicopter flight line. Mr. Poberezny was kind enough to take the time to point me in the right direction.

I got a ride coming back from the North 40 when Hal Shevers stopped for our group walking back late.

Last show I was closing up the Vintage Operations building after the night airshow. A woman and her young kids had parked in one of the new satellite lots on the diagonal road and she couldn't figure out how to get back there (nor was she exactly sure where her car was). I convinced a chair to let me grab one of the golf carts hand take it to go help her find her car. I'm usually one of the first in ops in the morning, so I returned the keys before anybody else needed it.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 03-25-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    I have never been able to flag down a cart or get carts to help with my limited mobility. Seems they are always to busy to stop even if they are empty, and as far as kids on carts stopping to help, Never seen that happen in my many years of attendance.
    I am not a kid, but a volunteer chairman for the group that distributes all the printed materials throughout the grounds. We run four carts, two that are dedicated cargo carriers, and two that the back seat can fold down to be a platform. When we are out and about, we are usually heading to our warehouse to pick up materials for an order, or loaded down with an order heading to the requesting location. Obviously when we are loaded down, we are unable to assist pedestrians, but if we are not, and can safely carry and additional passenger or two, all of our drivers are instructed to ask anybody we feel may be in need of assistance if they need a ride.

I am often offered cart rides, but refuse them because I enjoy the walk and others need it more than I do.

As disappointed as I am at the loss of the green line, maybe I should be grateful to be disappointed just once instead of every time I needed to use it. I stay in the dorms so it should be a vital link for me. Unfortunately, it was always late to start up when I had an 8am forum/event to attend. At the end of the day when I'm dog tired it was either too packed or shut down early. And of course nothing runs on Sunday when I'm trying to schlep my stuff from my plane in Warbirds to the dorms. I guess I'll have to work on my Igor impersonation to look pitiful enough to get a ride.
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    I am often offered cart rides, but refuse them because I enjoy the walk and others need it more than I do.
    I always ask if people want a ride especially elderly, families with young kids or someone schlepping a heavy load of whatever and your response is very typical. More turn down a ride than accept. But, we keep asking.

Will our furry, little, 4 legged friends that seem to populate the convention with increased regularity also need masks? Just asking for a friend.........
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/faq-20486391