Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Well it will be interesting to see how it all works out.
    As a daily commuter I’m personally interested to see just how well the new Gray lot bus park works out. Current Wisconsin guidelines for transportation recommends blocking off every other row. Couple that with distanced seating on the active rows it just kills the effectiveness of moving large numbers of people efficiently, particularly for the trams. Beginning to think biking in from the outer realm parking to the gates will be fair more convenient and maybe even faster.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

The trams carry "about" 40 people max at fully crammed-in loading, 30 is more realistic IMHO. (Especially if they are like ME and built for traction, not for speed-lol) As far as I know they have not increased the number of conveyances, and from a logistical standpoint staffing a whole bunch more units over two shifts is unlikely. I 'suspect' that it will be all rows available on the open-air trams with a mask mandate for all riders? But I have NO insider info on that. On the school buses I can see them blocking off rows of seats. Again guess my wild guess.

Over 4 months to go so plenty of time for things to get set in stone....or at least thick mud. From a tram volunteer perspective we are accustomed to changing "on the fly" as needs demand and every year there HAVE been small changes. This year the changes are much larger, but still manageable.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I rarely ride on a tram and even though I’m fully vaccinated I for one choose not sit crammed shoulder to shoulder with perfect strangers and not knowing their medical or health status. The vax’s are good but not perfect. I can deal with tired feet, COVID not so much.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    I rarely ride on a tram and even though I’m fully vaccinated I for one choose not sit crammed shoulder to shoulder with perfect strangers and not knowing their medical or health status. The vax’s are good but not perfect. I can deal with tired feet, COVID not so much.
    We never use them. We figure walking 20K steps a day almost balances out the beer we drink most days.

Both for getting to the Air Venture and for getting home after one probably will still need to have a current test for COVID-19 if they and their guests don't fly in their own airplane. Some airports have published that they will have testing sites in the air terminal and as of now most have not. The connection to the airport if I am able to get lodging in the University of Wisconsin residences is still as if I was simply going to get on a bus both ways and pay at that time with no issues about being from a foreign state, even one of the 50.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
    Both for getting to the Air Venture and for getting home after one probably will still need to have a current test for COVID-19 if they and their guests don't fly in their own airplane. Some airports have published that they will have testing sites in the air terminal and as of now most have not. The connection to the airport if I am able to get lodging in the University of Wisconsin residences is still as if I was simply going to get on a bus both ways and pay at that time with no issues about being from a foreign state, even one of the 50.
    I don’t think so. I just flew from Tampa to Houston and back commercial and no COVID testing was required and I’m not aware of any testing requirement to fly anywhere domestic, If the government tries to mandate it the airlines are sure to push back.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    I don’t think so. I just flew from Tampa to Houston and back commercial and no COVID testing was required and I’m not aware of any testing requirement to fly anywhere domestic, If the government tries to mandate it the airlines are sure to push back.
    There are testing requirements for international flights, and Hawaii also requires a pre-trip COVID test. In fact, Hawaii requires *particular* tests, which are apparently offered only on the West Coast.

Here's a cautionary tale:

https://slate.com/human-interest/202...s-diaries.html

Ron Wanttaja

I did say “domestic” knowing the international rules are different but will cede that Hawaii isn’t international but has its own requirement. Last time I checked Wisconsin still counted as domestic,
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Alaska has the same 72 hour test rule too. I don’t know Todd, not sure if the north woods of Wisconsin qualify as domestic
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    I did say “domestic” knowing the international rules are different...
    You did, at that. I should have picked up on it.

Ron "I'm not going anywhere, anyway" Wanttaja