Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited Edition Rock Your Wings Beer

Limited Edition Rock Your Wings Beer

Celebrate 50 Years in Oshkosh With a Cold One:

As EAA AirVenture Oshkosh has become a Wisconsin stape, it is appropriate to celebrate the 50th anniversary in Oshkosh with another Wisconsin staple beer. The Rock Your Wings Ale is a limited edition German style amber, brewed right here in Oshkosh and only available at AirVenture. Enjoy one at any restaurant (Fox Brewing Company) alcohol is served or take a four pack home by visiting Red One Market Central, West or the new Southwest locations.

Name:  Rock Your Wings.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  69.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's cool! I'll definitely pick some up!
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Logistical question about Rock Your Wings: I always thought that you could not carry "beverages" on the grounds unless you were consuming them at one of the food venues. So, if this beer is ONLY available at the Red One markets, does that mean that it is ONLY available to Camp Scholler campers? If I leave the gates, purchase some at a Red One, then re-enter the gates in order to catch a bus or to get to my car, I get thrown up against the wall along with the full cavity search experience. What am I missing?

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Yes, you are correct in that you can only have beer on the grounds of Camp Scholler and not through the gates of EAA AirVenture. If you are unable to pick this up at Camp Scholler, the Rock Your Wings Beer will be on tap at the Fox River Brewing Company restaurants, the company that partnered with EAA to make this limited time beer.

So just beating the dead horse, there is no other store, so no other way to purchase RYW to take home to whatever state is home. Unless of course you’re a camper.

Carl Orton

It could be in other stores close to the EAA Headquarters location. But, I know for sure it is in the Red One Market stores at Camp Scholler and on tap at the Fox River Brewing Company.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    So just beating the dead horse, there is no other store, so no other way to purchase RYW to take home to whatever state is home. Unless of course you’re a camper.
    Why would you need to reenter grounds to catch a bus or go to car parking from the Red Barn? But if you really have to, another option is to buy it at the Red Barn and if they are checking bags at the Fly market or main entrance, walk to the gate on Waukau Ave or the HBC gate off of Foundation Rd. I've never had any kind of bag checked at either of those gates.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 07-16-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Why would you need to reenter grounds to catch a bus or go to car parking from the Red Barn? But if you really have to, another option is to buy it at the Red Barn and if they are checking bags at the Fly market or main entrance, walk to the gate on Waukau Ave or the HBC gate off of Foundation Rd. I've never had any kind of bag checked at either of those gates.
    folks traveling with me last year were stopped and bags checked last year at the HBC gate. I suspect it may be timing and who is working the gate.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Just trying to save steps. Some days the ol' hip makes things miserable. Shortest distance between two points, etc.

Carl Orton

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    I get thrown up against the wall along with the full cavity search experience. What am I missing?
    The only thing you can hope for, is the security guard isn't missing his rubber gloves.