Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Cams

Web Cams

Anyone have an update on when web cams will be up and running ?

I have no inside knowledge an am just pulling a guess out of thin air: Thursday the 22nd. A blue Stearman in vintage will be te only plane you can see.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    We anticipate the web cams will be live the week before AirVenture, though unfortunately we can't give you an exact date at this point.

Thanks Sam. Might have to miss show this year so will have to watch from afar

also eagerly anticipating the cams from over the pond..
    2016 1st time Oshkosh visitor, 2017 was hopeful but just not to be..but see my 2016 and upcoming 2018 adventure on mikelynnweb.wordpress.com Celebrating the RAF100

The past couple of years there was a link on the webcam page to an "Airshow" cam, and I thought I had seen that link still there just a few weeks ago, but now it seems to be gone. Does that mean there will be no airshow cam this year? I had hoped to send my brother the link to watch the night airshow.

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    The past couple of years there was a link on the webcam page to an "Airshow" cam, and I thought I had seen that link still there just a few weeks ago, but now it seems to be gone. Does that mean there will be no airshow cam this year? I had hoped to send my brother the link to watch the night airshow.
    There is a note on the EAA website that they will not be livestreaming the airshows this year.

Strange choice. But it might be tough to do with the dual airbox concept.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Strange choice. But it might be tough to do with the dual airbox concept.
    The feds won’t allow the camera man/crew up in the tower due to social distancing requirements for the controllers. It has been asked why they didn’t plan on a different location, lots of buildings with flat roofs they could add a platform to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

In past years, it seems (but I don't know for certain) the web cams were up and running before now. It seems odd that with 2 years to prepare, that the camera installation is so late. Similarly, the refinements (problems) EAA is having with the Airventure app is equally confusing. They had a whole extra year to perfect it. I hope this isn't a preview of what we'll experience next week.