Thread: Early arrival homebuilt camping questions?

Early arrival homebuilt camping questions?

This is my second trip to AirVenture but my first-time flying in. I'm flying my homebuilt in and plan to camp in the homebuilt camping area. I plan to arrive on the 19th (Friday before the show begins). A friend of mine has a place off sight to stay. I was planning to stay with them till Sunday or Monday. Am I allowed to park the airplane and set up camp a few days later? I'm assuming I must pay for every day including preshow days for camping. This isn't an issue. Next question if I have a parking pass and we both have weekly passes would we be able to come and go as we want before the show even begins? I'd like to come in and watch some of the arrivals before the show technically begins on Monday. Thank in advance.

Yes to both questions. When you arrive show your HBC sign and they’ll park you in camping. Once tied down go register and pay for camping—you pay from the day you arrive until the end of the show and you’ll get refunded any unused days if you leave early with a 3day minimum. You can then set your tent up whenever you like just put your credentials someplace in the cabin of your plane that’s visible outside until you pitch your tent. With weekly wristbands and a parking pass you can indeed come and go as you please.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Thank you for the information. I'm amped and can't wait to get there. Thanks again

Flying in is a blast! Don’t forget to get and read a copy of the NOTAM:

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-fly-in-flying-to-oshkosh/eaa-airventure-oshkosh-notam
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

One thing I would add is that if you wait to set up a tent, there may well be a plane tied down in that spot when you get back to it.