Thread: Slooooowwwwww J-3 on the VFR Arrival

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First off, what I am about to suggest......I have NEVER tried. Each year, I get to OSH a day earlier than the last year. If I live long enough, soon I will be arriving the day after OSH ends (for the next event). . Anyway, our 195 group straddles the Magoo taxiway so we get a good view of 18/36 but can also see 27 arrivals. I am usually all set up by 6p so I am enjoying the fact that I have ARRIVED. One thing I have noticed is that at time of the day (6 ish, to closing time), sometimes I think I could go out and take a nap on 18/36, the traffic is that sparse......same with 27. I used to arrive on Sunday, then moved that to Saturday, then to Friday, and this year most likely Thursday because frankly, I am concerned about the now 40 mile long conga line. (I will buy anyone a steak dinner in Tahiti if we have that next year. ) So, bottom line, that evening arrival might be something to consider. Still plenty of daylight in central Wisconsin. Just my .02 worth. On edit, this would only work for days prior to opening. I doubt it could work on days that have the post air show glut of departures and arrivals.......others my have a different take on that.
    Last edited by Inspector Fenwick; 07-01-2021 at 07:23 AM.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195