Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    My daughter works for one of the hospitals that is reaching a "tipping point". She said one of the biggest reasons for that is the nursing homes in WI are not allowing ANY new patients into their care from the hospitals. So patients that may have stayed in the hospital for just a few days and then went to a nursing home for recovery are no longer able to do that. Hence a bed in the hospital stays full for longer.
    That's part of the cascading effect of the pandemic. Hospitals are not only occupied with COVID infectees, they still have to handle "normal" emergencies and the load on resources is increased. In at least one state, they're requiring infected doctors and nurses to keep working...they're all they have. "Regular" surgery, even stuff like cancer surgery, is being postponed because the hospitals can't handle it.

My 95-year-old Dad, in a nursing home, is having some mental health issues due to loneliness....since March, outside visits are limited to one person, one hour a week, and most of the other residents are staying away from the group areas. Looking at the stats for Minnesota (where he lives), I don't think his situation will improve soon.

Name:  minn.JPG
Views: 2838
Size:  32.0 KB
    (from https://www.worldometers.info/corona...usa/minnesota/)

News report today said that about half the population says they won't get a vaccine, when it's available. So if major events (like AirVenture) require vaccination to attend, that's going to be a huge PR problem.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 11-15-2020 at 08:38 PM.