OK, Just read my FAA PPC handbook some more, and runways are out for a variety of reasons. Not quite sure how this will work out, but we'll think of something.

In the meantime, I've ordered a hydraulic brake set from aliexpress.com (my first time), and of course, I've used a visa gift card to gain some financial distance from the transaction if it goes south.

I'm going to use a mountain bike set with 160mm rotors and I may switch to 180mm rotors if those don't work out. I've ordered a left and right mount rear brake assembly with 1400mm hydraulic lines. I'm going to machine aluminum adapters to mount the discs on my test wheels. I haven't gotten the AZUSA 8 inch wheels I was planning on using eventually yet. I'll also build a test platform out of plywood to test the differential braking idea to see how it actually works. I've got a nice little hill on the road in front of my house, and I think that will be a good test location. I'll leave enough room on the plywood deck to put my racing seat and the engine to get things up to the approximate weight - may use dirt sacks, etc., to simulate the weight and not risk the engine. The brake parts should be here in about a month. I'm hoping to get my shop in order to mount the 6 inch chuck on my metal lathe to machine the disc adapters. Haven't quite figured out how to do the axle mounting yet.

More as it develops,

Michael