Thread: Sully

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sirota, that is basically a repost of the article I mentioned.

I agree on all accounts with the last couple posts. It is an entertainment product, not a documentary of the accident.

BTW, you can read some of the information here along with listening to different recordings: http://avherald.com/h?article=41370ebc and of course the report on the NTSB website: http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/A...s/AAR1003.aspx

The flying parts were well done in the movie, I knew that the NTSB reaction was fictionalized before I saw it. How much? I don't know/care. We had the NTSB in the training center doing recreations after our hull loss a couple years ago, they weren't like the movie.

The most important thing is the crew did their job well and they had the same soul count after the accident as they did before it.

Yes, one comment was made in the movie about the insurance company and the hull loss, I won't type what I think about that because Glory will have to ban me.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

One thing that's clear in my mind regarding the real world, I'd much, *much* rather be talking to NTSB guys than FAA...
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Low Pass View Post
    One thing that's clear in my mind regarding the real world, I'd much, *much* rather be talking to NTSB guys than FAA...
    I agree completely.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

I just saw the movie and would recommend anyone seeing it. The last 10 minutes is strong.
    As for the NTSB experts, to be really convincing they should have a chance, for real , not isn an simulator, to replicate the incident and show how perfectly they could have done it.
    I'd be glad to ride with the real pilots.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-23-2016 at 08:32 AM.