Wow, this is cool. I started flight simming around age 10 (I guess 1985-ish) with FS2 on my brand-spanking-new Commodore 64C, a black and white TV as a monitor, and an old Atari 2600 joystick for control. Even though I've never even been to Chicago, Meigs played a big part in kindling my love of aviation. It stayed my "default" take off location for many years. Without FS, I probably wouldn't be a private pilot today.

One of my favorite child-like novicey things to do was blast off out of Meigs, fly north past the Sears tower, pick up the localizer for one of the O'hare runways (probably a 27 something, I haven't looked at any charts lately), and shoot the ILS. I felt like a pro even if the needles were all over the place. Hey, it's not like there were any real OBSTACLES on the approach to worry about in the early FS versions.

I just recently jumped from casual X-plane 10 use to serious to P3D v3.1 use... I'm using it to supplement my instrument training. I'm thrilled with P3D so it might be worth supplementing it with this and some other ORBX stuff. Although I guess I won't be able to find any published approaches into Meigs on my Foreflight.... :/ ... thanks "Dozer" Daley.