Thread: Commercially made, or custome home made simulator setups

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have commenced 'delving' within the last little while. I currently have an FSX set-up with a couple instrument panel/outside monitors and smaller one for the radio stack/kneeboard/gps etc sitting on a table. Saitek yoke, throttle quad, and pedals...pretty generic. Will try to add a pic after a bit.

When I read your post I was taking (interpolating) measurements out of the C182 parts catalog to start a more immersive build. My goal is to copy as best I can our personal a/c panel, using IC boards to power the correct-type (but non-aviation) switches in the correct locations, etc. It's going to be an intense learning experience, but should be fun. Nice thing is I already have spousal 'buy-in', which will help a lot.

Anybody got an unairworthy nekkid 182 front section they'd sell for scrap price? :-)

Oh...ref your link...are you aware that price listed is just for the panel? Each of the Saitek units (individual instruments, radio, switch panel) are in the $120-150 range. Nice stuff, but pricey!!

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 12-30-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add pic