Thread: Road Rage, Air Rage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Road Rage, Air Rage

By air rage I dont mean passengers vs crew on an airline, but a incindent like road rage that occurs between pilots.
    Seems daily in the news is a horrible story of drivers going nuts often fatal and moslty about nothing. Last week an adult man shot a girl in the head, a high school senior honor student, just as both were entering a freeway on ramp. Today I read a N C man pointing his gun at a couple who were just passing his car, and the guy is a PREACHER, of all things.
    We arent usually in that close contact in airplanes and dont have a gun in our hand, but there was a similar anger case,no guns, on another web site a few years back in Florida, older man was making a straight in landing, Baron or K maybe, at uncontrolled field , and on a 2 mile final a student pilot on downwind turned final in front of him, The straight in pilot thought everyone should get out of his way and theatened to attack the kid in the Cessna in the web site and I think on Unicom.

Has the world forgotten manners and sense of proportion? Will what happens if the road rage spills over to airplorts ? Hope it doesnt get to a crowded place like Airventure.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-09-2017 at 08:37 AM.