Thread: Post SOLIDWORKS Designs Here

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bill,

Have you used the simulation function to do a stress analysis of your fuselage? I made a change to my BearHawk 4 place and modeled that change to check my choices for tubing sizes.

I have done stress studies on tube structures I do for the race cars I build. And I have done torsion tests on the completed race cars. There is an excellent correlation between what I model and what I find in actual testing.

In another post, there is a description of how to make flat paper templates of the tubes in the cut list. it is a very useful capability/tool. Wish I had learned it years ago.

I looked doing a stress analysis for my fuselage as an educational exercise and quickly decided that I had no clue as how to model the loadings or what they would be like. I have only done the stress analysis on one part that had failed on another's builder's project and another part where the loads were very simple to know and calculate. The analysis I do on my race car frames is to develop a single number that I can then check on an assembled car and I use that number in calculating setups for the cars. By comparison a race car is a very simple system to analyze.
    Last edited by lathropdad; 12-11-2016 at 11:04 AM.