Thread: HBC Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HBC Questions

My wife and I went to Airventure back in 2011 and stayed in an offsite hotel about 45 minutes drive from the show. Because of this, we felt like we missed out on a lot of the culture of the airshow. Fast forward to this year and I have completed my RV10 and plan on bringing my 8 year old nephew and staying in home built camping. We hope to arrive mid day on Saturday and leave in the morning on Thursday.

I have researched everything I can find, but still have a few questions for the group here.

• Can you see the airshow from the HBC area?
    • Is there a supply shop close to HBC? I couldn't find one on the map. They seem to be concentrated by Camp Scholler.
    • Is there any security to prevent the general public from entering HBC or is it open to everyone?
    • What are the food options on Saturday and Sunday? Do I need to plan on being self sufficient on those 2 days?
    • what options are there for charging a portable battery pack? At Sun n Fun a couple of years ago, you could leave it at the cam check in shack to recharge while out at the airshow. Is there anything like that or just the showers?
    • How loud is it near the "facilities"? I am traveling with an 8 year old, so close proximity to the toilets/shower may be handy.
    • Is kidventure something that I would be able to drop my nephew off at while I do some forums or is it better done together?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    Shannon Hicks
    Last edited by CivEngPE; 03-16-2016 at 08:48 AM.