Thread: noob...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

noob...

Hi.
    The flying bug bit me bout 5 years ago, and I have been drooling over anything that flies. Mainly LSAs that I cant afford!
    I have known about ultralights for most of that time but didn't take them seriously till a couple months ago when a friend
    brought them up. I have three planes in sight. One is the Flit Plane, and the other two come from Aerodrome Aircraft.
    The Dream Classic. One is rigged with wire and the other is strut braced. Dose anyone here have any advise on these
    planes? The Flit Plane appears to have a more substantial fuselage, and a more modern wing. Dose the Dream Classic
    have a built up or single surface wing, and what are the flight differences? Any advantages to a wire braced wing instead
    of a strut braced wing? I like the look of this type of ultra light. I am looking to stay within FAR 103 type planes.
    More and more questions seem to pop up as I go along... My only aviation experience is with flying models when I was
    a kid. Great fun, but didn't take long to get bored. I would rather build them than fly them. Got tired of being on the ground
    watching my plane go round and round.
    Last edited by chucky; 11-08-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Didnt want someone to think i got bored with flying. (only with model aircraft.)