Has anyone camped at the small campsite located down by the Ultralight Barn? I know this is listed on the EAA map as private property, but also know they 'rent it out' as campsites during Airventure.. I know they dont have a 'store' or showers there, but do believe they have portapotties and I think there is a small food consession located at the registration area..
As far as showers go.. I am a retired truck driver and plan on going down to the truck stop at Exit 113 and get a shower there.. I know it will cost $5.00 ($10 deposit, you get 5 bucks back when you bring back thier towel and washcloth!), but think that would outweight the possible wait at the ones on site!! With thousands of campers and only a few showers...understand there is no 'best time' for one to shower.. I have heard there are lines even at 2 AM!!! LOL.
Any comments from those that have camped at that small camping area would help alot.. I understand there nightly fee is $15 per vehicle and you have to admit...most of their sites are a lot closer to the 'active area' then some in Camp Schroller!!

Wayne Hartman
EAA 594185
Chapter 859
Steubenville, Ohio