Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuttle- First from A/V to UWO

Shuttle- First from A/V to UWO

I plan to arrive at OSH Friday afternoon, July 23. I'm staying at the UWO dorms. Looking at the shuttle schedule it appears the shuttles don't start until Sunday the 25th.
    Are there shuttles available on the 23rd that aren't being shown? Maybe I need to start thinking about my first Uber ride??
    Anyone have any ideas....besides calling a $taxi$.

Thanks much

Sam

FWIW not much will be open on the grounds, last AirVenture (2019) they closed off most all the 'vendor' areas so their crews and trucks could get things ready for Monday's official opening. Not certain if any of the food vendors will be open either. There will be many early GA arrivals of course and the Museum will be open.

I 'suspect' the cost of an Oshkosh Uber/Lyft is similar to a regualr taxi? Likely Google can help you find out for sure?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I got there the Saturday before in 2019, not much to do on the grounds as Randy said other than watch aircraft arrivals. We used the day to run into town and buy supplies for the week and to pick up a screened in tent.... which was a life saver when all of the mosquitos started hatching from the rain!

I have only used Uber but have found them to be cheaper than most Taxi companies. During high demand times Uber may raise the rates though....

Check the regular city bus schedule.

One thing you could consider if you are getting there early is to volunteer! Several of the volunteer opportunities (tram drivers/conductors, flight line, etc) have their training over the weekend to get qualified.

Uber or Lyft should be very reasonable from the dorms. To figure out how much it will be, you can go to their websites or apps right now to get cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Check the regular city bus schedule.
    This route goes to runway 9 year round, I suppose.
    https://www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/transit...es/Route_8.pdf

Where are you parking on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Where are you parking on the field?
    I'll be parked in HBP, Ron.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions. Steve, you've given me something to think about regarding volunteering. I'm not really prepared to take that on this year, but I could see that as something I could "get into" in the future, now that I'm retired.
    In my quest to "beat the rush", I may be trying to get there a bit early. So, I will likely post up close to OSH and come in first thing Saturday morning. The shuttle schedule is still not helpful, but I think I can manage to get to UWO. Of course, WX always rules!

There's Tony's Taxi but I'm not sure how you'd reach them. Down in vintage, we usually have one of their radios to give them a call.

Uber/Lyft and Oshkosh Cab shouldn't be a problem either. For years, I had Oshkosh Cab in my speed dial.

Quote Originally Posted by TX7A View Post
    I'll be parked in HBP, Ron.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and suggestions. Steve, you've given me something to think about regarding volunteering. I'm not really prepared to take that on this year, but I could see that as something I could "get into" in the future, now that I'm retired.
    In my quest to "beat the rush", I may be trying to get there a bit early. So, I will likely post up close to OSH and come in first thing Saturday morning. The shuttle schedule is still not helpful, but I think I can manage to get to UWO. Of course, WX always rules!

I'll be at OSH the weekend of the 17th. I get to OSH a week early to help Jeff get Sleepy Hollow Campground ready. Give me a if you need to, I can pick you up and take you where ever you need to go. (405) 417-6077.