Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Parking

Vintage Parking

This question maybe known to many so don't rip me too bad. I usually park/camp in the N40 but will be parking in Vintage this year and camping with a buddy in Scholler. My question is what is the difference in Vintage parking vs Vintage camping in regards to location?

A tent??
    Not being a vintage guy....vintage camping and parking doesn’t appear to have any definitive boundaries unlike HBP vs HBC.
    Last edited by Airmutt; 06-02-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

That is kind of what I remember too. Seems like they tend to park similar planes together when possible too.

Where'sRon when you need him...

As of 2019, I believe there isn't any difference. It used to be that there were parking-only rows North of roughly where the Hangar Cafe is. I never much cared for it or the explanation of why there was no camping allowed there (people come to see airplanes not tents). Fortunately, last show they relented. Of course, I have no idea if the change will be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbc73 View Post
    That is kind of what I remember too. Seems like they tend to park similar planes together when possible too.
    We don't actually. There is an area south of aircraft repair that's reserved parking for prearranged planes from whatever type society applied that year. And even then we hold the spaces only so long. The only exception (long story) is the Cessna 195's parked along the Magoo taxiway.

Roughly the organization is that starting at the COMM CENTER (the northern most point of vintage) is parking for special displays (the theme changes each year). Next is "Don's Choice" which is a mixture of things like Past Grand Champions and other good looking things. Then there's an area for very large stuff. From there south on the runway side of Wittman road is first come, first serve until you get down to the end of taxiway Papa where there are a few rows reserved for amphibious planes.

On the west side of Wittman Road is a few rows reserved to Antique (pre-1945 aircraft) then again first come-first serve except for the last few rows reserved for certain VIPs. South of Aircraft repair is reserved for the type clubs.

Thanks Ron. We will be arriving probably Friday weather permitting. Hope to maybe meet you there.

Thanks, Ron, for your dedication and patience with our questions. Another one: Is there a policy or specific decision when to start backfilling spaces in Vintage? Twice in the last four years I’ve arrived on Wednesday, was led past numerous open spaces, and parked in the very last or one short of last row to the south. Conditions have improved considerably down there, but it’s still not great. The pleasant and helpful scooter-people were just doing what they were told.

I am a "195'er" and our four rows basically straddle the Magoo taxiway, as Ron said. My memory, which might be fuzzy, recalls that our northern rows are "parking only" with camping allowed south of that.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

I hope to arrive midday Friday so hopefully I won’t be too far south since I will just be parking only. I ordered my show tickets today and definitely looking forward to the show.