Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Vintage Charging Station Going To Be Open?

  1. #1

    Happy Vintage Charging Station Going To Be Open?

    Next to the Red Barn there is a small building where you could turn in your phone, tablets,batteries,etc and have them charged for free.(Donations accepted). It's a small room with lots of heat and not much ventilation. Given the current status of the virus I wonder if they are going to open this petri dish? And if they do how are they going to protect the volunteers (hazmat suits?) and your phone when you pick it up from spreading the virus?

    Last edited by Flyboy328; 05-20-2021 at 12:52 PM.

  2. #2
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    582
    I guess you could wear a mask and use a wipe to clean your device. I generally carry a couple of external battery packs. Covid hasn't crossed my mind until you mentioned it.
    Bob

  3. #3
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,708
    Gotta admit that when I saw the title of this thread ("Vintage Charging Station"), this is the first thing I thought of.
    Name:  Gibson_Gir2l.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  75.6 KB

    Ron Wanttaja

  4. #4
    melann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    N. Texas, Dallas Area
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Gotta admit that when I saw the title of this thread ("Vintage Charging Station"), this is the first thing I thought of.
    Name:  Gibson_Gir2l.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  75.6 KB
    Ron Wanttaja
    And how many here are old enough to even recognize this?
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,000 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

  5. #5
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by melann View Post
    And how many here are old enough to even recognize this?
    Shoot, dude... *I'm* not old enough to recognize that. It came out more than a decade before I was born. Just am a bit of a history nut.

    Interesting bit of trivia: The Gibson Girl was based on a captured German unit:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviv...he_Gibson_Girl

    Ron Wanttaja

  6. #6
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    582
    Thanks for sharing Ron, it's amazing what we don't know.
    Bob

  7. #7
    flyjbh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    ORD
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy328 View Post
    Next to the Red Barn there is a small building where you could turn in your phone, tablets,batteries,etc and have them charged for free.(Donations accepted). It's a small room with lots of heat and not much ventilation. Given the current status of the virus I wonder if they are going to open this petri dish? And if they do how are they going to protect the volunteers (hazmat suits?) and your phone when you pick it up from spreading the virus?

    “Life is a petrie dish.....”
    - someone


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by flyjbh View Post
    “Life is a petrie dish.....”
    - someone
    "I wanna ride it all night long..."
    -Rascal Flatts

    Ron "Your turn" Wanttaja

  9. #9
    flyjbh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    ORD
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    "I wanna ride it all night long..."
    -Rascal Flatts

    Ron "Your turn" Wanttaja
    “Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It’s just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes. “

    -Captain Rex Kramer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •