Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can Anyone Identify This Pull Rivet?

  1. #1
    PaulDow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Can Anyone Identify This Pull Rivet?

    Our chapter was cleaning out a hangar, and came across 4 bags of these. They looked too valuable to throw out, but no one could identify it, or the tool needed to do the pulling. It looks like the center will fill the hole.
    Thanks for any help.

    Name:  IMG_0787.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  38.3 KB

  2. #2
    Airmutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    NW. Atlanta GA
    OK I’ll play.......Definitely not an expert but I think it’s a knob head stem cherry MS rivet. The knob head stems are considered obsolete and have been replaced with the serrated stem.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

  3. #3
    I also think it is a Cherry AN blind rivet. It was shown in the AC43.13-1 that I downloaded from the FAA site. Being obsolete, it might be hard to find a tool to pull this type rivet. I have a tool with the head for #3 and #4 rivets, Universal Head and flush, plus a 90 degree attachment. Do you know what you want for the rivets? I am not a builder, but I loaned my tool to a friend who used a few of my old rivets for a small project on his Breezy.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2012
    It is also considered to be a non-structural rivet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts