Thread: The Green Dot Podcast Problem

The Green Dot Podcast Problem

I use the Pocket Casts app on my Pixel 3 Android phone. Earlier this year, the app stopped downloading new episodes of The Green Dot podcast. Now the podcast does not show up in the app's search results.

Is there a problem with subscribing and/or listening to The Green Dot podcast in the Pocket Casts app? If so, what Android apps are compatible with The Green Dot podcast?

Thanks.

I use PodcastAddict on my Android Samsung Note 8. I used the internal search function to find the Green Dot podcast and now just go in every week and update it for new podcasts. Embarrassingly, I hadn't though of a setting for automatic downloads. I just found that setting and now have it set for automatic downloads :-) Thx!
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

I just tried searching for the podcast on Podcast Addict and can't find it using that service either.

I can find it with the Google Podcast app under EAA Hangar Flying.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the podcast app and search recommendations guys. I could not find the podcast in the Pocket Casts app under EAA Hangar Flying. I'll try one of your app recommendations to listen to the podcast.
    Last edited by High Wing; 05-11-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonex293 View Post
    I just tried searching for the podcast on Podcast Addict and can't find it using that service either.

I can find it with the Google Podcast app under EAA Hangar Flying.

That is just weird. You would think searching on the title of the podcast would work in any pod app but clearly it does not. I know that I did search on its title in PodcastAddict and found it but that was like the week the very first episode came out.

Glad you found something that works.
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    We've heard this from a few people, unfortunately. Most podcast apps (with Apple being a notable exception) seem to just find podcast feeds on their own and pull them in, which is great. We've never submitted the Green Dot to Pocket Casts or anything like that, so it's not like we have an account with them or anything where we can do something to fix the issue.

We did have some bad code in our RSS feed that was causing this same issue with most (but not all) podcast aggregators, including iTunes. It took a few weeks to hunt it down, but we fixed it a couple of months ago or so, and, once the aggregators refreshed their feed (which usually takes 24-48 hours), they were all properly showing the latest episodes. It looks like Pocket Casts just hadn't updated the feed.

That said, I was able to go their site and generate a link that, when I open it on my phone with Pocket Casts' app installed, takes me to the Green Dot within the app, and the episode list is current and correct.

If you're still having trouble with Pocket Casts, please try this link:

https://pca.st/E891

And let us know what happens.

Thanks!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I checked again today and the Podcast is now showing up in Pocketcast again...thanks!

Michael

Thanks Hal. I was also able to find the podcast in Pocket Casts now.