Thread: MZ 202 Plug Wires

MZ 202 Plug Wires

I think I may have 1 & 2 crossed. Can someone familiar with the MZ 202 advise please?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kevinlane; 04-26-2021 at 06:09 PM.

I can not see the coils well enough to be certain. Zip ties are not evidence of right or wrong path .The One should not be tied to the other cylinder in case of cross over ignition. If you want to tie them off in pairs keep the cylinder wires partnered to the same cylinder. So if this is a factory pairing my take is 3 and 2 are swapped or 1 and 4. There is no conclusion from the picture you are showing. Only the that the pairs should not be paired off with the other cylinder.
    Last edited by Norman Langlois; 04-21-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks for the input Norman. I will remove the zip ties and repost a better view of the coil.

Posted another photo with the ties removed and a better view of the coil.

You need to swap 2 & 3.

I googled "MZ202 ignition diagram". The very first hit was the engine manual, including the wiring diagram:

http://ultraligero.net/Descargas/Man...202man0404.pdf

Sincere thank you to Norman and Dana for the help and guidance. Problem resolved.

Blue skies and tailwinds everyone.

If you have not changed it to this already. As I understand the wiring diagram. Each coil serves both cylinders . Meaning the engine would run with only one coil or one CDI serving. Thus the picture is wrong and 2 and 3 need to be swapped . This would allow the engine to still to run even if one of the CDI or one coil died. Dual ignition is redundant not required .

Thanks for taking the time Norman. I swapped 2 & 3 as you suggested.