Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Hey Todd, It’s a “GO” all in a state that STILL wants all large gatherings and festivals cancelled and wants out of state and even instate travelers to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at their destinations. Kinda the proverbial elephant in the room that no one is talking about??
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Hey Todd, It’s a “GO” all in a state that STILL wants all large gatherings and festivals cancelled and wants out of state and even instate travelers to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival at their destinations. Kinda the proverbial elephant in the room that no one is talking about??
    I’m not holding my breath, just keeping my fingers crossed. I don’t know of any mandatory traveler quarantine in Wisconsin (there for sure wasn’t one back in July) and their state assembly just repealed their mandatory mask mandate. So if it doesn’t get any worse seems the odds are trending up. Not declaring victory yet, but with Sun-n-Fun a go, I’m thinking positive.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

You’re right; we were up there from June to mid October. Not much was really opened. The museum didn’t open until the first week of August. My comment was really just to note that the state and local governments still have a hand in the game.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    I’m not holding my breath, just keeping my fingers crossed. I don’t know of any mandatory traveler quarantine in Wisconsin (there for sure wasn’t one back in July) and their state assembly just repealed their mandatory mask mandate. So if it doesn’t get any worse seems the odds are trending up. Not declaring victory yet, but with Sun-n-Fun a go, I’m thinking positive.
    I think EAA is betting on improvement and reduction in restrictions. The trend is looking good, especially once vaccine production/distribution catches up. If SnF goes on schedule, EAA would have a hard time cancelling AirVenture.

Ron Wanttaja

I see that EAA has just posted some info on COVID and AV. No concert, no large dinner gatherings like YEs and Lifetime members. And just for grins and giggles the WI state legislature just overturned the gov’s mandatory mask mandate and he in turn declared another medical emergency.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    I see that EAA has just posted some info on COVID and AV. No concert, no large dinner gatherings like YEs and Lifetime members.
    Here's the link:

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...rough-unknowns

Key points:
    - Masks encouraged but not mandatory
    - Not required to be vaccinated
    - Fewer exhibitors indoors
    - A number of events where social distancing would not be possible have been cancelled
    - High demand forums/presentations will be scheduled more than once

Ron Wanttaja

Anxiously awaiting word on how/if the trams will be operating. Can't social distance on one to be sure, but open air IS better than sitting on an airliner..... or even a school bus.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Five months and abut wo weeks until AV2021. There should be many millions more vaccinated by then. That has to be a good thing IF the vaccine is as effective as they say it is. If I were not vaccinated, then I would not go. I will feel more comfortable and safer after I have been fully vaccinated. Certainly, by then, we will have a better picture on this.

Got my second shot two weeks ago
    Planning on being in Oshkosh for a week in may to volunteer
    Sure the grounds are going to need a lot of work
    The formation groups are still planning on coming in July
    We are rethinking some of the parties and get togethers
    Going to be a different year--I still can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am wondering how Oshkosh will look with all electric planes and vehicles since our new adminsistration is pushing to get rid of fossil fuels. Fuel prices going higher, who could afford even a trip around the circuit ?