Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oshkosh 2021?

Who thinks there will be an Airventure in 2021?

Cautiously optimistic. It will take widespread distribution of a vaccine. I think the "drop dead" date for the EAA making a decision was around mid-May this year. They may be able to improve on that given that they have more lead time next year.

During the last EAA Chapter Video, Charlie Becker said there WILL be an Airventure Oshkosh 2021. So there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Cautiously optimistic. It will take widespread distribution of a vaccine. I think the "drop dead" date for the EAA making a decision was around mid-May this year. They may be able to improve on that given that they have more lead time next year.

We won't need a vaccine in a couple of months.......

I've never thought they wouldn't have it, and I'll bet it's going to be spectacular. I've already been making plans to fly my 1966 Cessna 150, gathering light weight camping gear and started my 30 lb weight loss program. Oshkosh is like a kid waiting for Christmas !
    Bob

Agree with Ron......with today’s ROEs in place I would be cautiously optimistic. It’s going to take widespread availability of a vaccine and acceptance for any large crowd event to get back to “normal”.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

"Who thinks there will be an Airventure in 2021?"

Heck, the way things are going, who thinks there will BE a 2021?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    ... which is why I'm cautiously pessimistic. I'd love to be proven wrong, but too many years trying to estimate if I can make a specific ship-date has taught me that this one is too tight.

Darn, been a while since I visited the group. Just thought wonder if anybody is thinking about Osh21. Yikes, quite a bit to read.

I'll stay optimistic, but this thread sure put a damper on that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    Darn, been a while since I visited the group. Just thought wonder if anybody is thinking about Osh21. Yikes, quite a bit to read.

I'll stay optimistic, but this thread sure put a damper on that.
    Covid 19 has put on damper on "Life as we used to know it" to be sure. In truth my sole optimism as a 71yr old retiree for living a 'new normal' anytime before I eventually die arises from appreciating the sheer talent and brilliance of pharmaceutical researchers and their highly profit based companies who WILL develop VERY profitable, full functioning vaccines and other palliatives to combat this disease and its symptoms.

I get a flu shot every year and thanks to that limited protection and great symptom relieving meds I really don't 'worry' about the flu killing me or putting me on a ventilator in an ICU. When the same can be said for this new virus? Life and society at large WILL blissfully move on and internationally attended events WILL again happen...... along with schools, restaurants, movie theaters, sports arenas etc.etc.etc. being allowed to function.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 11-17-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln