I assume that virtually all chapters with newsletters now use email for distribution. I’d like to ask what method you’re using to send them.

I’m looking at converting our web site over to the chapters.eaa.org standard format, but there are a couple things I have running on EAA1310.org that I would lose.

Right now I have PHPList to send to distribution lists. I think its similar to Constant Contact. I have lists for Members, Directors, Young Eagles, Event notices, Newsletter only, and the local airport community. Several people are on multiple lists, but PHPList doesn’t send duplicates.

A down side is that I have to recompose the newsletter in PHPList’s own editor, since I create it in Word. Within Word, I can print to pdf in order to keep an archive version. An up side is the email sent from PHPList can be viewed directly without a pdf or docx viewer.

I could send using bcc with a standard email program, but I want to avoid having the chapter email list on my own computer. We end up with versions between multiple people that are never synchronised. I also use Microsoft’s Office 365 for non-profit organizations, so email processing for eaa1310.org is handled through that. Our web site is hosted elsewhere.

I’d like to make the process easier, but also maintain the central list capability. Unfortunately, Office365 doesn’t have a mass mail feature.

Thanks,
Paul