Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum header image not loading

I've found it. I was right, one of your styles is different. You appear to have changed the name of the image in the EAA BLUE style, but if you're using the vBulletin default styling, you're still giving the old one.}
    To make the problem happen go to SETTINGS...GENERAL SETTINGS and scroll down to the "FORUM SKIN" choice and switch to "Basic vBulletin Gray" style. That give the broken image link.
    The "EAA Blue" gives the right one.

Good work, Ron. Using the EAA Blue skin fixes it for me too. Hopefully someone at EAA can correct the Basic vBulletin Gray skin.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hey Eric -- this is corrected for the Gray skin option. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    Good work, Ron. Using the EAA Blue skin fixes it for me too. Hopefully someone at EAA can correct the Basic vBulletin Gray skin.

And...I just realized that, on my desktop, the upper left corner has a big EAA logo now rather than just that text link. And on my other devices, too.

Right Coast Ron done good. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 07-29-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hey Eric -- this is corrected for the Gray skin option. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    You bet, and thanks for the fix!
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

I don't know if Sam Oleson is still monitoring the forum, but this problem has returned in the last week or so. The EAA logo at upper-left of each page doesn't load, which causes the browser to spin the progress icon on the forum tab for several minutes. It eventually gives up and displays the broken image icon in place of the EAA logo.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

This appears to be a different problem. In all styles, the image is linked to http://spirit.eaa.org/images/eaaforum_logo.png and that server seems to just hang when you try to access it. In general, the EAA hosts have been pretty flakey over the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    This appears to be a different problem. In all styles, the image is linked to http://spirit.eaa.org/images/eaaforum_logo.png and that server seems to just hang when you try to access it. In general, the EAA hosts have been pretty flakey over the past few days.
    I'm no longer seeing the EAA logo, either, on my desktop with both Firefox and Edge. Shows up on my android phone, though.

Ron Wanttaja

As I said, the machine spirit.eaa.org seems to be gone. The header shows up blank until it times out after 30 seconds then you get the broken image link icon.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello all, it was brought to my attention my name was mentioned in this thread. Just for all of your information, I am not the primary moderator on these Forums anymore. That now belongs to Elayna Hall, and she is looking into this situation. Thanks.