Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tram Change At Airventure

If you plan to attend for four days, it’s cheaper to buy a weekly pass. If you do that, you’re probably counted as having attended for seven days, further inflating the attendance numbers.

There was a webinair a few days back that detailed the changes to traffic flow, parking and parking lot usage, and finally, the trams.
    Take an hour and watch the webinair, listen to their explanation for the changes and the comments and questions that follow.
    My one suggestion would be to create a Blue tram stop along Wittman Rd. immediately east of the Vintage Barn for those wanting to stop at
    the Vintage area without having to backtrack from the Hangar Cafe drop. This would eliminate stopping along Vern Ave., which is narrow
    and heavily trafficked by every sort of vehicle and persons.
    EAA is listening, you're comments are being noted. Now relax a bit and let them iron out the wrinkles.
    Last edited by Ronald Franck; 03-20-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Ron, might you have a link to that webinar?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

"Are you not paying attention or understanding the gravity and magnitude of this world-wide pandemic. If not, time to cull the herd. Better still, let's remove all the warning stickers and let Mother Nature take care of everything".[/QUOTE]

I suspect you are right on target and looking at the losses in my retirement account, the last thing I want is shuffling around with a large group grope hoping not to to infect or be infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Rome is burning and some of you are Nero fiddling about trivial tram changes for an event that will be cancelled either because of government imposed mandatory closures or EAA finally extracts their collective head from the sand or their a**.

Are you not paying attention or understanding the gravity and magnitude of this world-wide pandemic. If not, time to cull the herd. Better still, let's remove all the warning stickers and let Mother Nature take care of everything.
    Well the first thing I'm not going to do is panic, and the second thing I'm not going to do is stop thinking there is a future beyond the (man made? nautral? God sent? ) virus and keep living my life. You won't find me running around yelling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling! We are careful, we are somewhat preppers, we don't jump through our $** when someting happens, huricane, snow, etc. We are prepared and living our life.
    Bob, that's all, carry on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Well the first thing I'm not going to do is panic, and the second thing I'm not going to do is stop thinking there is a future beyond the (man made? nautral? God sent? ) virus and keep living my life. You won't find me running around yelling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling! We are careful, we are somewhat preppers, we don't jump through our $** when someting happens, huricane, snow, etc. We are prepared and living our life.
    Once again, as I responded to another post of yours from a few days ago:

Beautiful. Tremendous. Perfect.🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post

Ditto, Ditto!!

Not panicky, just adding a dose of reality. Like I posted over on the Blue Board:
    Looking worse every day this past week, let's see what next week brings us, but I'm not sure if will be any better. I fear that we are in this mess for a while, and events like OSH are bound to fall victim. I hate to say this but I think that we all need to face the reality of the impact of this virus will have on humanity for months to come.

I feel like it's the situation of that VFR Pilot who continues to fly into deteriorating MVFR conditions, convinced that better weather is in just the next mile.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I didn't know there was such a problem with tram jumpers.
    They should have a mechanism on the trams, like they have on city buses.
    If any of the doors on the bus are opened, the bus's transmission switches into neutral,
    the gas pedal is disengaged and the brakes are automatically applied.
    The bus can't move until the doors are shut.

Eliminating the Green Tram Route that runs from the Bus Park to the Air Traffic Control tower, is a bad idea.
    The reason it's a bad ideal is because the D parking lot (formerly the blue lot) is a handicap lot and is adjacent
    to the Bus Park. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen handicap people park their car and walk over
    to the Bus Park and catch the Green Tram.

Webinar- Chairman Briefing - EAA AirVenture 2020 Parking & Transportation Changes. Watch Here: https://www.eaa.org/videos/6142365633001
    Last edited by FlyinAdamBadger; 03-28-2020 at 12:51 PM.