Thread: EAA Web Site

EAA Web Site

Is anyone having difficulty navigating the EAA Web Site? I think maybe I'm not the only one. If you have some ideas, maybe we could post them here. A couple of my irritants are:
    • If I need to change or update an event on the calendar, I can't once it's posted.
    • Anyone can post an event to any place.
    • If I have a question, it's difficult to find a number or email address to contact the person in charge of that activity.

I'd like to see our site a little easier for people like my members to use. Too often I hear, "I can't find that..." or "...when I search for something, I get overloaded with stuff...". I'm not trying to create problems, but for someone at the "home office" it's probably easy to navigate, but for someone "outside the beltway" I spend a lot of time hunting for what I want.

David Miller
    EAA Chapter 1358
    "The WireGrass Chapter"

Quote Originally Posted by alcharlie65 View Post
    ...I'm not trying to create problems, but for someone at the "home office" it's probably easy to navigate, but for someone "outside the beltway" I spend a lot of time hunting for what I want.

David Miller
    EAA Chapter 1358
    "The WireGrass Chapter"
    You're not alone, and it's just as difficult to navigate from the home office as it is outside. The site is in need of a major overhaul, and it's an issue that is floating around here. Too many sites, too many clicks to find what you want, and some stuff is just near impossible to find.

We're all hoping for some re-work...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

another thing is if I lose my cookies it seems I have to log in several places to get where I want

I really like the old magazines being available online but the search isn't real great & it is slow

Hi David,

Sorry for the troubles on the site, but as Chad points out it needs some help. On the other hand, EAA is a rather complex organization and it is hard to get everything on the front page.
    To answer some of the specific questions; if you have questions about the calendar or need to make a change, you can send us a note at chapters@eaa.org. The Chapter office oversees the calendar. For the list of who to contact for specific programs or services, click the "Contact Us" button at the very bottom of the home page. It will display a list with phone numbers and email links. When in doubt, you can always call or email the Member Services and they can direct your call.

Steve
    Steve Buss
    EAA# 317080

May your take offs always equal your landings.

Thanks for your comments Steve. I know you have a tough job, but we appreciate your talents and your service to EAA. I've just spent another few minutes trying to find our legal council to inquire about a 501(3)(c) item and the email address was returned as undeliverable. First, I couldn't find Patti listed so I tried to find the address from the webinar I attended, but I couldn't find a list to look it up. I finally went to the search window, found her email, but that got returned. Since I do most of my chapter work before the office opens, I'm stumped. I got her phone number, but don't know when I'll have time to call during the work day.

Dave Miller
    EAA Chapter 1358
    Last edited by alcharlie65; 12-21-2011 at 06:29 AM.

I found it!!! At the very top of the website there is a bar that says "ABOUT US" and some other stuff. I didn't know what it was so I clicked on it and it opened another tab where you can click on another tab called "CONTACT US" which gives you a listing of the phone numbers for all the areas at EAA. WOW!!! I was so excited I was going to call the president and tell him, but he's not on the list. Oh well, who is he anyway, Rob something... I think??? Well, legal isn't on there either, and it's just a list of numbers anyway, no names, oh well, I thought I was on to something...