Thread: Request: Aircraft Type Sub-Groups under "Homebuilders Corner"

Request: Aircraft Type Sub-Groups under "Homebuilders Corner"

Many mailing lists dedicated to specific homebuilt types have been hosted by Yahoo Groups, and Yahoo has announced they're getting rid of Groups.

The sub-description under the "Homebuilders Corner" forum here says, "We put the "E" in EAA - the community of amateur aircraft builders!" It'd be nice if EAA could help us pick up the slack of the lost discussion groups.

I respectfully request that EAA add a "Fly Baby" sub-forum under "Homebuilders Corner."

I don't think there'll be a big increase in traffic...the Fly Baby Facebook page is pretty active, which decreased the Yahoo traffic. But I can see a big benefit to the Fly Baby community, in that there'll be more "cross-pollenization": Folks who have experienced similar issues in other types of aircraft chiming in with their suggestions.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 10-19-2019 at 10:01 AM.

It's been since pointed out to me that the EMAIL functionality of Yahoo Groups is being retained; what's going away is the online storage of user content. So it's not as key to get a dedicated forum elsewhere.

Ron Wanttaja

I would like to see this available for Fly Babies and other types as well. Yahoo groups has been removing features for the last couple of years, and I think its on it's way out. Plus the biggest advantage of Yahoo groups is the decade old searchable content, and with the e-mail only format, we lose that advantage.
    1978 Grumman AA1C w/O-320

Never was a fan of Yahoo or Yahoo groups, even when Yahoo was a player. Of course the world of web forums is highly fragmented, since any fool can throw up a forum web site and many do. I would submit, though, that EAA would be a logical choice of all places to host such type-specific forums for home builders and Experimental aircraft owners, builders, etc. not already served by a large community like Van's.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.