Thread: Collings B-17 Mishap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Beyond that, I'm not exactly sure what other "due diligence" a paying passenger on any airplane ride can do? Even on a commercial airliner.
    When I arrive at the gate for check-in, I show the boarding agent my ticket, my passport and my Commercial Pilots License. My CPL allows me to exit the gangway to get unto the ramp and then proceed to do a complete walkaround of the aircraft. Upon completion, I walk up the stairs, re-enter the gangway, walk aboard the aircraft, look left and give the Captain a thumbs up. Doesn't anyone else do this?

IF you went to a course or seminar at Flightsfety they would probably cover prefilght inspection as important. Many if not most of the corp and charter jets I see here have talis 20 feet in the air. yet I dont see any well dressed and paid pilots carrying a ladder out on the ramp.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 04-02-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    IF you went to a course or seminar at Flightsfety they would probably cover prefilght inspection as important. Many if not most of the corp and charter jets I see here have talis 20 feet in the air. yet I dont see any well dressed and paid pilots carrying a ladder out on the ramp.
    And sometimes with disastrous results: https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...Final&IType=MA

But Part 135/121 maintenance procedures are SUPPOSED to alleviate some of this.