Thread: Evening at Ultra Lites

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Evening at Ultra Lites

Many spectators where there for sure but there needs to be some portable bleachers . Most could not see the short T/O and landing .

Banned
    Big +1.

I suggested this years ago long before the rebranded Fun Zone night stuff started. The same small low capacity single bleacher has been there for many years. If you want to enjoy the events taking place many more are needed because the close proximity of the runway to standing front line viewers hanging on the fence makes it impossible for those behind to see the on-going activity. Ears open EAA Oshkosh organizers!

lol, the announcers commented every evening that more bleachers were needed! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    lol, the announcers commented every evening that more bleachers were needed! Squeaky wheel gets the grease!!
    Those announcers are not EAA HQ staff so hopefully they will convey in writing the squeaky needs to the appropriate EAA Oshkosh decision makers/organizers. If I can find out who to talk to, I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Those announcers are not EAA HQ staff so hopefully they will convey in writing the squeaky needs to the appropriate EAA Oshkosh decision makers/organizers. If I can find out who to talk to, I'll do it.
    I think they were trying to convey to the crowd that there is more strength in numbers.....

I had a real negative experience at the evening show at the FunFly Zone. When you invite people, say 2000 or so, to a show there is some expectation that it will be run correctly. This is the second year for me to complain about this event. I feel like EAA needs to start hiring professionals to run some of these events like this one. Here are a few points.
    1. 5 times as many bleachers needed.
    2. Remove all demo aircraft parked along the inside fence so spectators can see.
    3. Provide transportation for 1500 to 2000 people to the front gate after the show is over. Gotta be at least 2 miles to the bus park.
    4. Add some extra fire equipment during the week so one emergency in the north forty doesn't shut down the activities in the south forty.
    5. Please build some paved side walks the length of Knapp St as well as the full length of W. Waukau Ave. Hate to be the guy to sound the alarm but somebody is going to get run over! Think about all those people parked out there along the expressway in the brown lot.
    Yes I know that the show is only 7 days long once a year but thats the cost of doing business and yes I will come again as have for many years. Rant over!