Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrival date of Lockheed LC-130 from New York Air National Guard?

Arrival date of Lockheed LC-130 from New York Air National Guard?

Hello,

Looking for some help. Has anyone heard any information on the arrival of the Lockheed LC-130? The article posted on June 30th mentions nothing. I'd really like to photograph the plane arriving.

https://eaa.org/airventure/eaa-airve...bnhuazVqIn0%3D

This is one area I really wish EAA would do better in is when they announce planes arriving they list the date. For us photographers who may not be there every day or sitting by the runway waiting for a plane to arrive a date and time frame window would be great. Something like the morning of XXX would go a long ways. I know things can change but I haven't found a way as of yet to track the planes they advertise arriving with no other information.

Thanks for your help.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian247028 View Post
    This is one area I really wish EAA would do better in is when they announce planes arriving they list the date. For us photographers who may not be there every day or sitting by the runway waiting for a plane to arrive a date and time frame window would be great. Something like the morning of XXX would go a long ways. I know things can change but I haven't found a way as of yet to track the planes they advertise arriving with no other information.
    This would be exceedingly helpful! Heck... they have an entire text messaging system, they could use that. Or push notifications from the app. Or go old school and post it near the airshow schedule. SOMETHING. I've missed all sorts of arrivals and departures of aircraft I would have loved to see, especially the stuff that sits on static display.

I have emailed the 109th and asked for any arrival details that they are willing to release. I'll post any response here when I receive it.

Yes, I suspect the EAA doesn't know. My wife used to wrangle military assets for the Smithsonian fly-in. You're lucky you get them to commit to a day. Calling the command is more likely to get you a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCostello View Post
    ... Heck... they have an entire text messaging system, they could use that.
    Actually they do announce arrivals and other events via OSHFUN texts, very occasionally. They promise no more than some number, like 6 or 8 maybe, a day. I suppose that’s because some people, like me, pay a few cents per text message sent or received.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    My experience with the OSHFUN texts is there is isn't much lead time pertaining to aircraft arrivals & other events.

Example:
    Its 9AM, and you're walking through exhibit hanger D,
    you get a OSHFUN text that the Lockheed LC-130 is arriving at 9:15 AM.
    By the time you get to the flight line the Lockheed LC-130 has already landed.

It would be beneficial to receive OSHFUN texts a little further in advance to allow for travel time.

According to the EAA AirVenture 2019 Features and Attractions Video the Lockheed LC-130 will be on static display.
    Along with equipment they use in the polar regions.
    They mention it at 31:35 into video. No mention of arrival date though.

There probably will be more info, of its arrival date & time, the closer it gets to AV2019.
    Keep checking EAA's website.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I have emailed the 109th and asked for any arrival details that they are willing to release. I'll post any response here when I receive it.
    Thank you George.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Actually they do announce arrivals and other events via OSHFUN texts, very occasionally. They promise no more than some number, like 6 or 8 maybe, a day. I suppose that’s because some people, like me, pay a few cents per text message sent or received.

Thanks. I will have to check that out and sign up for it. After the show do you get buried in texts from vendors etc? I have enough robo calls coming in.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian247028 View Post
    After the show do you get buried in texts from vendors etc? I have enough robo calls coming in.
    That'd be a Negative, if the text keep coming you can stop them. More info HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    That'd be a Negative, if the text keep coming you can stop them. More info HERE

Thanks...signed up for it last night. We will see if this helps.