I’m looking for some feedback. I’ve been working on an idea for maintenance and cost analysis software for general aviation. The software/app would have the following features:

• Free digitization of aircraft maintenance records and invoices
• Alerts when there are fleetwide service difficulties
• Predictive analysis of parts reliability/failures
• Alerts to keep you legal on required times/inspections
• Repair cost estimates and fleet average parts prices
• The ability to research repairs
• Repair shop directory with reviews
• Automated per hour and per mile cost calculations
• Comparison of your aircraft operating costs to others of the same type

Would you find this information valuable ? Would you use the software yourself? The thought is to makethe digitization of your logs/records/invoices free with access to these in theapp and available for download. Theother features would be available on a subscription basis. If these other features are of interest, how much would you be willing to pay on a monthly/yearly basis for these features?

I have a relationship with a software developerthat designed a software system with similar features for several airlines, and they would be doing the development work on this software. I really believe GA could benefit from something like this, but it would take active participation fromthe community and users would have to agree to share their data.

I am private pilot, an EAA member, and have attended Oshkosh the past 5 years. I started thinking about this idea when I was looking to partner with some co-workers on a plane, and I couldn't get reliable answers from anyone about realistic maintenance costs. I love aviation, and I'm not some Silicon Valley whiz kid looking to make a billion dollars. Visit my LinkedIn profile (https://www.linkedin.com/in/aviationservices/) if you want to learn more about my experience.

Thanks in advance for your input! I’m looking forward to reading the feedback(good, bad, & ugly).