Thread: Bi-Plane Project For Sale

Aerobatic Bi-Plane Project For Sale

Modified Murphy Renegade. Well beyond quick-build stage. Modified to accept 120 hp Jabiru. All mods approved by designer. 90% done. Just needs cowling, wiring, and cover. Includes Jabiru 3300A, 250 hrs TTSN. Sensenich wood prop (like new). Engine/prop came off American Legend Cub. I have some instruments but not all. Upper wing ailerons, nav/stobe lights, ELT. Airplane has been assembled and rigged. My Wife & I have built 8 EAB aircraft, most of which have been award winners. Too many projects, too little time. EAA Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor, DAR. I have certificated over 900 Amateur-Built and Light-Sport Aircraft. Experimental and Light-Sport aircraft are my life. Project is located in Farmersville, TX (Just northeast of Dallas). Pictures on request.
    Quick-Build kit is over $21K. My price, with engine & prop $19,900.
    Mel Asberry, rvmel(at)icloud.com, 972-784-7544
    Last edited by Mel; 06-19-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Mel
    DAR since the last century. Specializing in Amateur-Built and Light-Sport Aircraft
    <rvmel(at)icloud.com>

Modified Murphy Renegade bi-plane project
    Hello Mel Asbury,I was wondering about your project and have a few questions.
    What is the MTOW?
    What are the design changes?
    Did it come from the factory with the modifications?
    Do you have plans from the factory that include the modifications
    or did the factory supply the modifications separately?
    The reason I'm asking is that I like the Murphy Renegade but require
    a higher MTOW for a 80hp to 100hp engine with pilot and passenger.
    Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMJ View Post
    Modified Murphy Renegade bi-plane project
    Hello Mel Asbury,I was wondering about your project and have a few questions.
    What is the MTOW?
    What are the design changes?
    Did it come from the factory with the modifications?
    Do you have plans from the factory that include the modifications
    or did the factory supply the modifications separately?
    The reason I'm asking is that I like the Murphy Renegade but require
    a higher MTOW for a 80hp to 100hp engine with pilot and passenger.
    Thanks
    John
    Hi John, The airplane MTOW has been determined to be in the neighborhood of 1100 lbs. It is plans built so only a few parts supplied by Murphy.
    Modifications include shortening the nose by 6" and moving the cockpits aft 4", for W&B considerations. Other modifications are mostly cosmetic; rounded wingtips, removable seats for maintenance, fewer fuselage stringers for weight savings, Much improved aileron gap seals (similar to those used on RV aircraft), upper wing ailerons, dual fuel tanks, RV style toe brakes. All modifications approved by Daryl Murphy (designer) by telephone. Nothing in writing.
    If you have further interest I can email many pictures. Be aware that the front seat is really for kids. It is very difficult for adult to get into the front seat.
    Send email to <rvmel@icloud.com>
    Mel, DAR since the Last Century, Specializing in Light-Sport and Experimental Aircraft. Certificated over 1,100 Light-Sport & Experimental aircraft.

Thank you for responding.
    Very helpful
    John