I have been getting mentally ready for the caldron of the OSH arrivals for 2019. Was unable to fly in last year due to weather concerns between home and there so we just drove in. We flew in two years ago when the weather and then the mass arrivals made it quite interesting and my wife was terrified.

Please practice your settings for NINETY KNOTS. I settled in behind a Cessna 180 and a V Tail Bonanza in my Bonanza with my gear down, about ten degrees of flaps and the airspeed nailed at 90 knots, two GPS's agreeing on the speed and then the Cessna slowed down and the first Bonanza and we slowed and at 83 knots indicated I swung out just a little to stay behind and they started going slower. I just restored my practiced power settings went back to 90 and passed them on the left. As luck would have it the Bonanza parked right next to me and gave me a dirty look and I looked back and said "NINETY KNOTS NOT 83". Slam away if you like but I was there....and this was after a 45 minute hold 30 miles south and then three 360's near Fiske.

The real reason for my post. I flew airlines for 30 plus years and we practiced "Sterile Cockpit" procedures. I just watched a video of an IFR approach and the level of "move the camera here" having to go "say again" etc. was mind boggling. I am not a fan of most FAA enforcement but that video alone would warrant at the very least an investigation and a talking to. I understand wanting to video your "achievement" and wanting to become an internet "star" but practice it beforehand and put your attention on the job at hand.

Will be flying in this year again, sans cameras and extraneous talking.

PS. The FAA violated one of our pilots for videoing his flight and posting it on the web. Cost him a months salary. Film away