Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem getting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by flynow View Post
    The ExtremeTix company is awful. I bought tickets, but when I go to print, the page is dim and I can't click anything. I can not reach anyone there either by phone or by submitting a form. And what is with all the clicking in boxes thing? Is it an actual business? They had no problem debiting my account though; that went off without a hitch.
    I am a User Experience Architect by trade (I work hard to make the interface between humans and computers as painless and delightful as possible, both on mobile and desktop experiences, usually in the ecommerce and internal website areas). Using that ticketing interface makes my brain bleed. The entire Oshkosh buying experience (camping, show tickets, the whole process) is Not Good. It needs a complete reworking. It would take time and money, but would ultimately result in a significantly higher conversion ratio (people that enter the process and actually spend the money).

So... just know that you aren't the only one.

You know honestly, I show up on Monday morning around 7am, stand in line for about 5 minutes and get my wristband for the week. I'm also able to buy any single day wristbands for any day at that time as well ( for my wife later in the week). It never seemed worth it to purchase online for a couple dollar difference. And there is a line to pick up your wristbands that you purchased online anyway!

I'm sure that putting on an event like AirVenture is extremely challenging. People come for all kind of reasons - some like washed up rock n roll, while other prefer country music(?). Some like F22's, B1's, and F18's, while others prefer WWI spotter aircraft. Some like building their own aircraft, while others shop for certificated aircraft accessories.

However, almost all of us purchase a ticket to get attend. EAA - get this right!

I tried again today to print the tickets, same problem, the page is dim and I can't click anything. I can not print anything out. When will we be able to the tickets? Last year I was able to print at the time of purchase.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hi all, we're hoping the issue with printing tickets will be resolved soon. Please contact our member services department at 1-800-564-6322 or by email at membership@eaa.org if you have any additional questions about this issue and they may be able to give you an exact timeline as to when they expect it be resolved.

Like DRGT, I acknowledge that Airventure is a huge event to organise and host but this ticketing problem is unacceptable.

The EAA and the provider of ticket services should consider suspending sales until the problems are solved, or give purchasers info about the status of the ticketing system so they can decide whether to proceed with a purchase. I also cannot understand why the admission ticket is not issued as a pdf. In the event of a pet canine consuming the paper version, a new one can be printed from the saved file. Other ticket sellers employ this system, so why don't we?

Almost down to a hundred days to go and I'm very excited about the prospect of attending my third Oshkosh. Woohoo!

This year will be my first time visit, from the UK.
    After numerous emails to customer web site of Etix/Extreme-tix and zero response (since February), I finally check this forum to learn there is an ongoing issue, and it isn't me or just my tickets.... Surprised no info can be seen whilst going through the purchase process, even now, about the issue.

+1 on Tom's comment - While I DO have empathy for the online website computer snafu, if all else fails over the next few months (unlikely) at least the 'primitive' way of just standing in line for a few minutes at the event remains..... you know, like our forefathers had to do - lol
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 04-10-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    +1 on Tom's comment - While I DO have empathy for the online website computer snafu, if all else fails over the next few months (unlikely) at least the 'primitive' way of just standing in line for a few minutes at the event remains..... you know, like our forefathers had to do - lol
    Yes, but for folks like myself, we already paid! Wonder how this is going work out.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hey everyone, it sounds like this situation should be resolved sometime next week. Everyone who ordered their tickets will be notified via email that their tickets will be available to print.