I want to say thank you again for all the advice and support. before i go on, i just want to clarify one thing. while it may seem like i am diving into this project all at once, i am nowhere near even close to completed designs. this project is sort of a dream that i will continue to follow through college and beyond. right now, i am really just in the basic conceptual design and "information gathering" stage. i am just trying to gather as much information as i can (even if it does not pertain to this project)... because of this, i do not expect to start construction until at least my freshman year of collage.

after having done some more research and asking more questions, i do agree that what i said regarding power levels is pretty unrealistic. although, i still stand by what i said about rotaries being my engine of choice, however, i am now also seriously considering an LS2 or LS3 just because of the raw power that they put out. but i think that a wankel might be a little bit easier to adapt... if i could get 325 hp out of the wankels, or 500 out of the LS (if i were to use that), then i would be happy.

as for what Ron said about using a turbine, i seriously considered using this (https://www.pbs.cz/en/our-business/a...gine-pbs-tp100), which would be perfect given that it has 241 hp, but i have read the cost is over 150k, which is way beyond my budget range.

as i said, thanks again for all the help and advice, and please continue to share knowledge...

thanks,
Christian L.