Thread: Need a Helicopter Condition Inspection Checklist

Need a Helicopter Condition Inspection Checklist

I finished my build of a Mosquito XE285, and just received my AWC. I cobbled together a condition inspection checklist from several sources (EAA, AC 90-89, etc.) but unfortunately, these were written specifically for fixed wing (not a lot of us helo guys out here).

Just curious if someone could point me to a published checklist to compare notes and make sure I haven't missed anything. And I'm sure I'll be editing my version the more I use it.

Thanks

I'd ask the build group for it! Lord knows I asked for and modified about three of them for my own use on the Nieuport.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I would think the Mosquito people (company, forums, builder support, etc) would be a resource for you.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

A Mosquito builder and owner is on his way over to my house for the weekend. I can ask him if he has such.

Thanks, I'm on the Mosquito forum as well (naturally) but just trying to cover all bases.

The Operating Limitations might be a guide. Often FAR 43 Appendix D is used as a framework. Kinda simple framework but add what you want.

23. Condition inspections must be recorded in the aircraft logbook andmaintenance records showing the following, or a similarly worded,statement: “I certify that this aircraft has been inspected on [insert date] inaccordance with the scope and detail of FAR 43 Appendix D, and was foundto be in a condition for safe operation.” The entry will include the aircraft’stotal time-in-service (cycles if appropriate), and the name, signature,certificate number, and type of certificate held by the person performing theinspection.
    NOTE: Limitations 24 and 25 will be issued in lieu of limitations 22 and 23for turbine-powered amateur-built aircraft
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 09-28-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Chip says he's pretty sure there's one in the builder's manual (though obviously he's halfway across the state from his copy right now).

Thanks for the get-back. The only thing I know of in the build manual is the Preflight checklist. That's pretty thorough, but I was thinking if you can write a generic condition inspection for a fixed wing, why wouldn't there be one for a helo.

Also just found a general rotorhead forum, probably should go there instead. Thanks for the inputs.