Thread: Incident on 27

Incident on 27

Anyone know what happend on 27 that caused the airport to close for a while today?

Long-ez type canard had a landing incident landing on 27. The airplane ended up on its belly, in the grass just off the south edge of 27, about 120 feet past the green dot. I was listening to liveATC at the time of the incident. I speculate it was the pilot that transmitted a single high volume descriptive word just after the incident. I did not see it but the warbirds webcam showed the end result. It appears the landing gear was wiped out. Airport was closed so emergency vehicles could respond.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    I speculate it was the pilot that transmitted a single high volume descriptive word just after the incident. I did not see it but the warbirds webcam showed the end result. It appears the landing gear was wiped out. Airport was closed so emergency vehicles could respond.
    Yes. I heard the same "high volume descriptive word" also.
    First photo shows the plane on its belly, 2nd photo shows the plane on its legs. Hope everyone is OK.

The 1st bunch were being taxied on the hard surface.
    The 2nd bunch were being taxiing on the grass. At 1st it looked like it got caught in the mud ruts.
    Know idea why they made the taxiing switch from hard surface to grass.
    I'm not sure if it was one of the planes taxiing on the grass or if it was a plane that had just landed.
    Where it bellied on the grass, looks like it is pretty far up from where the 2nd bunch were taxiing.

Photos were sharpened & color enhanced, Source: Warbirds Cam
    Name:  Incident 7-21-18.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  74.7 KB
    Name:  Incident2  7-21-18.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  64.8 KB